These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Trouble downloading Octonauts S01E02 in HD

user-841

I have been downloading the Octonauts episodes for my children for some time now without any problem.
But when I try to download S01E02 it skips HD and then downloads SD.
Every other episode I can download HD no problem.
When I go to the website, I can stream the episode in HD but I just can't get it to download.
Can someone else try to download it and see if it's not just me.

This is the command I'm using:
Code:
get_iplayer --tvmode=best --subtitles --get http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00v8qjb/octonauts-series-1-2-the-undersea-storm

This is what get_iplayer shows me:
Code:
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: 0 Matching Programmes

Usage ( Also see https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/documentation ):
List All Programmes:            get_iplayer [--type=<TYPE>]
Search Programmes:              get_iplayer <REGEX>
Record Programmes by Search:    get_iplayer <REGEX> --get
Record Programmes by Index:     get_iplayer <INDEX> --get
Record Programmes by URL:       get_iplayer [--type=<TYPE>] "<URL>"
Record Programmes by PID:       get_iplayer [--type=<TYPE>] --pid=<PID>
Stream BBC Embedded Media URL:  get_iplayer --stream --type=<TYPE> "<URL>" | mplayer -cache 128 -
Stream Live iPlayer Programme:  get_iplayer --stream --type=livetv,liveradio <REGEX|INDEX> --player="mplayer -cache 128 -"

Update get_iplayer cache:       get_iplayer --refresh [--force]

Basic Help:                     get_iplayer --basic-help
Advanced Help:                  get_iplayer --long-help

Search Options:
--category <string>              Narrow search to matched categories (regex or comma separated values)
--channel <string>               Narrow search to matched channel(s) (regex or comma separated values)
--exclude <string>               Narrow search to exclude matched programme names (regex or comma separated values)
--exclude-category <string>      Narrow search to exclude matched categories (regex or comma separated values)
--exclude-channel <string>       Narrow search to exclude matched channel(s) (regex or comma separated values)
--fields <field1>,<field2>,..    Searches only in the specified comma separated fields
--long, -l                       Additionally search in programme descriptions and episode names (same as --fields=name,episode,desc )
--since                          Limit search to programmes added to the cache in the last N hours
--type <type>                    Only search in these types of programmes: tv,radio,liveradio,livetv,all (tv is default)

Display Options:
--help, -h                       Intermediate help text
--helpbasic, --usage             Basic help text
--helplong                       Advanced help text
--info, -i                       Show full programme metadata and availability of modes and subtitles (max 50 matches)
--long, -l                       Show long programme info
--terse                          Only show terse programme info (does not affect searching)
--tree                           Display Programme listings in a tree view

Recording Options:
--get, -g                        Start recording matching programmes. Search terms required unless --pid specified. Use  --search=.* to force download of all a
vailable programmes.
--modes <mode>,<mode>,...        Recording modes.  See --tvmode and --radiomode for available modes and defaults. Shortcuts: default,good,better(=default),best
. Use --modes=best to select highest quality available (incl. HD TV).
--pid <pid>                      Record an arbitrary pid that does not necessarily appear in the index.
--proxy, -p <url>                Web proxy URL e.g. 'http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@SERVER:PORT' or 'http://SERVER:PORT'. Sets http_proxy environment variable for ch
ild processes, e.g., ffmpeg.
--raw                            Don't transcode or change the recording/stream in any way (i.e. radio/realaudio, rtmp/flv)
--subtitles                      Download subtitles into srt/SubRip format if available and supported
--swfurl <URL>                   URL of Flash player used by rtmpdump for verification.  Only use if default Flash player URL is not working.
--url "<url>"                    Record the embedded media player in the specified URL. Use with --type=<type>.

Output Options:
--output, -o <dir>               Recording output directory
--player '<command> <options>'   Use specified command to directly play the stream
--stream                         Stream to STDOUT (so you can pipe output to a player)

PVR Options:
--pvr [pvr search name]          Runs the PVR using all saved PVR searches (intended to be run every hour from cron etc). The list can be limited by adding a r
egex to the command. Synonyms: --pvrrun, --pvr-run
--pvr-add <search name>          Save the named PVR search with the specified search terms.  Search terms required. Use --search=.* to force download of all av
ailable programmes. Synonyms: --pvradd
--pvr-del <search name>          Remove the named search from the PVR searches. Synonyms: --pvrdel
--pvr-exclude <string>           Exclude the PVR searches to run by search name (regex or comma separated values). Synonyms: --pvrexclude
--pvr-list                       Show the PVR search list. Synonyms: --pvrlist
--pvr-queue                      Add currently matched programmes to queue for later one-off recording using the --pvr option. Search terms required unless --p
id specified. Use --search=.* to force download of all available programmes. Synonyms: --pvrqueue
--pvr-scheduler <seconds>        Runs the PVR using all saved PVR searches every <seconds>. Synonyms: --pvrscheduler
--pvr-single <search name>       Runs a named PVR search. Synonyms: --pvrsingle

Config Options:
--localfilesdirs <dir>[,dir,]    Directories/Folders to scan for new files
--prefs-add                      Add/Change specified saved user or preset options
--prefs-clear                    Remove *ALL* saved user or preset options
--prefs-del                      Remove specified saved user or preset options
--prefs-show                     Show saved user or preset options
--refresh, --flush, -f           Refresh cache
--update, -u                     Update get_iplayer if a newer one exists

External Program Options:
--ffmpeg <path>                  Location of ffmpeg or avconv binary. Synonyms: --avconv
--lame <path>                    Location of lame binary
--rtmpdump <path>                Location of rtmpdump binary. Synonyms: --flvstreamer

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --tvmode=best --subtitles --get http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00v8qjb/octonauts-series-1-2-the-undersea-s
torm --force

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b00v8qjb using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
1122:   Octonauts: Series 1 - 2. The Undersea Storm, CBeebies, Animation,Children's,Entertainment & Comedy,Learning,Pre-School, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Octonauts: Series 1 - 2. The Undersea Storm
INFO: File name prefix = Octonauts_Series_1_-_2._The_Undersea_Storm_b00v8qjb_default

INFO: Downloading Subtitles to 'C:\Users\Byrne\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings/Octonauts_Series_1_-_2._The_Undersea_Storm_b00v8qjb_default.srt'
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Byrne\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Octonauts_Series_1_-_2._The_Undersea_Storm_b00v8qjb_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhd2 mode to record tv: Octonauts: Series 1 - 2. The Undersea Storm
INFO: File name prefix = Octonauts_Series_1_-_2._The_Undersea_Storm_b00v8qjb_default

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Byrne\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Octonauts_Series_1_-_2._The_Undersea_Storm_b00v8qjb_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd2 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Octonauts: Series 1 - 2. The Undersea Storm

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
ERROR: rtmp server sent error
ERROR: rtmp server requested close
INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: Octonauts: Series 1 - 2. The Undersea Storm

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              659.73
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
INFO:   avclevel              31.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       48000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                16493000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                31667200.00
INFO:   timescale             48000.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
40161.833 kB / 218.13 sec (33.0%)

user-841

S01E03 just became available and I'm getting the same issue.

user-585

Both of these are downloading in HD fine for me.

If you change
Code:
--tvmode=best
to
Code:
--tvmode=flashhd
that will either download HD or not at all so you won't end up with the SD versions if HD fails.

user-2

One CDN is blocking you because you're outside the UK. The other returns a server error, probably for the same reason. There is nothing get_player can do about either.

user-841

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>Both of these are downloading in HD fine for me.

If you change
Code:
--tvmode=best
to
Code:
--tvmode=flashhd
that will either download HD or not at all so you won’t end up with the SD versions if HD fails.

Yeah, I tried that too but it just failed.

user-841

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>One CDN is blocking you because you’re outside the UK. The other returns a server error, probably for the same reason. There is nothing get_player can do about either.

Uh okay...
Looks like the issue was just with them because I was able to download them after a couple days not doing anything different.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info