These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

only recorded a few seconds

user-827

Hi,
I am a new user to get_iplayer and am trying to record a specific radio 3 Live in Concert programme. I seemed to successfully start the recording using the command line but left it running overnight as our download speed is incredibly slow.
Next day I got six 'Live in Concert' programmes, more than I wanted but that's OK, however the one programme I actually wanted only recorded about six seconds worth (the rest were full recordings)!
So I tried to re-run the recording but it stopped after a few seconds saying the recording was complete, even after I tried using --force.
So I stupidly thought if I delete the recording from the recordings folder it may try to download it again duh!
No deal, after probing the PVR features I think I should have deleted it there, but now the programme listing is 'greyed out'.
What do I do now, thanks in advance?

user-2

You still need to use
Code:
--force
even if you have deleted the earlier recording.

user-827

I tried re-running get_iplayer and got the a whole stream of the same error messages as per the example screen shot attached. Any help appreciated.

user-2

You cut off the output, so I can't tell if your first attempt failed and left an unusable file or whether you just didn't delete the previous file. Post the full output as .txt file attachment. Do not paste it into your post.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info