These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Silent Witness Series 18 Episode Numbers

user-824

Hi, long time user but first time posting ....

I use get_iplayer (2.91) with Plex, in general the file naming has worked so that the metadata lookup on tvdb.com correctly populates the information in Plex. Occasional manual file names changes required.

I set PVR to record Silent Witness Series 18 and it seem that there are no episode numbers, therefore recording of this weeks Part 1 failed because it sees them both as the same when it tries to write the output file:

graham@mothership:~/.get_iplayer$ get_iplayer --long |grep Silent
3894: Silent Witness: Series 18 - Part 1, BBC One, Crime,Drama, default, 15 days 8 hours ago - Nikki and Jack strive to track down a sniper at large in London and stem a public crisis.
3895: Silent Witness: Series 18 - Part 2, BBC One, Crime,Drama, default, 15 days 8 hours ago - Nikki and Jack investigate links between the victims to close the net on the killer.
3896: Silent Witness: Series 18 - Part 1, BBC One, Crime,Drama, default, 0 days 8 hours ago - Nikki and Jack investigate a man killed by a train on the London underground.

Anyone seeing the same problem and if so is there a resolution?

Thanks
Graham

user-2

Don't use a custom scraper-friendly
Code:
--fileprefix
value for Silent Witness. The default file prefix will avoid naming conflicts on download, and you can then rename the files appropriately after download. This is a peculiarity of Silent Witness and perhaps a few other series where "episodes" are split into two parts. You don't need to make any changes for other programmes.

user-824

Ok, thanks. I have removed "Plex friendly" custom file prefix now in my options file and will see how things pan out.

user-2

You may want to leave your Plex file prefix in the options file (for other programmes) and create a preset with different file prefix for Silent Witness. The preset can be specified in a pvr job as well. All you really need to do is add
Code:
<pid>
to your usual file prefix to ensure unique file names for Silent Witness episodes.

user-836

Plex ignores everything after the s00e00 so you are safe to include <pid> at the end of the prefix on all pvr jobs. I include <mode> too.

It also supports multi part episodes (s18e01-pt1) but I think you would have to edit the filename to add this after the recording.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info