Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Installation Help Required Please

Pages: 1 2

user-815

OK - trying now.

user-815

The following appeared :-

get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Getting tv Index Feeds (this may take a few minutes)

followed by a list of hundreds of programmes and a final message :-

INFO: 1972 Matching Programmes

So what do I do now?

I still don't appreciate what I need to do to download a programme!

user-2

You could do worse than to click the "Guides" link at the top of this page.

user-30

Now you're ready to scroll to the top of this page, click the big giant 'GUIDES' link and fill your welcoming mind with knowledge and direction.

Have fun!

user-815

I'm heading to the GUIDES right now then!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

user-1733

I followed the link Dusty Bin gave for Mac OS X installation ( [color=#aa0066][size=medium][font=Georgia, FreeSerif, serif]https://squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/mac-o...all-guide/) but it gave me a 404 not found message. Any clues as to where I might find it. I'm transitioning from GiA and a bit of a noob at CLI stuff, so any handholding available much appreciated![/font][/size][/color]

user-30

Come on, there's a link to 'Downloads' at the top of the page.

user-1733

Thanks, Square Penguin - my problem turned out to be that I wasn't running a bash shell ( I told you I am a noob...)

So, I have now successfully installed get_iplayer 3.0o using Homebrew.

New problem is when trying to download a test TV program before working on PVR:-

I typed <[color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco] get_iplayer "Doctor Who"[/font][/size][/color] >
and everything went fine until:
<[color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco] [color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco]INFO: Getting tv Index Feeds (this may take a few minutes)[/font][/size][/color]
[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco]INFO: Using concurrent indexing[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco]..................................[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco][color=#000000][size=xx-small][font=Monaco]ERROR: Cannot copy /Users/marcus/.get_iplayer/tv.cache to /Users/marcus/.get_iplayer/tv.cache.old: Permission denied[/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]  >

I have tried changing permissions on the directory to no effect when trying again. Can anyone suggest what I should do to sort this out (I have had similar issues with WPM as well...)

Once again, many apologies for asking what must be obvious questions to those with the experience and knowledge. I am working really hard to catch up with lots of stuff necessitated by moving from GiA GUI app to CLI approach.
Pages: 1 2

These forums are archived

See this post for further info