These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

NortonInternetSecurity and 2.91 install

user-303

I have never had any problems getting the Windows install file for get_iplayer in the past, however this time Norton Internet Security (I have been using this since I have been using get i player) deleted the latest install when I downloaded it because it contained:
WS.Reputation.1
Is this just a problem with Norton Internet Security? Anyone else have this problem?

user-303

Well, I am replying to my own question.
I sent the file to Symantec and here is what they said:

"We have been unable to reproduce the detection issue described in your submission. Our investigation shows that the software you submitted is known-good and as such does not trigger any detections.
A possible reason for this could be that the status of your software changed automatically between the time of your submission and now."

They also suggested that many times there is nothing wrong, but there are not enough customers who have used the software to create a "safe"score. In other words if I created a new piece of software it would be flagged with this code.

So all is well that ends well. Nothing wrong with 2.91 windows install file....sorry to be a bother.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info