These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

No specified modes error

user-794

Hello: I've been using get_iplayer Windows for over a year now without issue mostly to download radio shows. I upgraded to 2.90 to get over the November 3rd BBC change - no problems. In last 2 days I've been unable to download. I've been getting an error "no specified modes". Have you come across this before? Any suggestions? Here's a bit more info.

EXAMPLE COMMAND
get_iplayer --pid b04v635x --type=radio

FULL ERROR MESSAGE
INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow>available for this programme with version 'default' <tray using --modes=wma>
ERROR: Failed to record 'Radcliffe and Maconie - Live from Manchester Christmas Market <b04v635x>'

I Tried doing the --modes=wma and got about 15 minutes of a 3 hour show. Not very successful.

I am outside the UK (USA). I have never had an issue downloading radio with USA IP address before. Just to be sure I tried using my UK VPN and it didn't help - still got the same error.

I confirmed that I can play the show direct from the Radio 6 website.

I've rebooted computer and router per troubleshooting suggestions.

I searched for other posts on this error - found a couple but seem to be related to trying to download TV from outside UK or unavailability of show on website - neither situation applies to me.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I continued to mess around trying different things. Oddly I just managed to download a tv show PID=b04vs60r using get_iplayer (with my UK VPN active). I also managed to download a Radio 4 show fine. However I tried a Radio 2 show and same "no specified modes" error as for the Radio 6 show. Could this be an issue only with Radio 2, Radio 6 and ?

user-30

You probably need to update to the latest development version (git HEAD) as there have been changes by the BBC and the adjustments to account for these haven't quite filtered their way into the standard installer release.

Have a read of this thread:

/topic...nt-record/

Once you've read through all of that, take a look at the linked git HEAD installation guide. It's pretty simple and really boils down to copying a couple of files. The relevant guide is linked below, but read the whole thing first, then read it again. At first it can seem a bit daunting if you're a newbie, but read through the whole thing and note the key points, then give it a go.

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/install...itheadwin/

user-794

Thank you for the response. I gave the links a quick read and agree that this sounds like the fix I need. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes!

user-794

All working again now. Thank you so much!!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info