These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Download Radio Problems

user-790

Seem to be a lot of these problems and lots of fixes. i am lost with what is correct fix. I am on v2.90 .Tried githead fix, still getting this problem;
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow) available for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=wma)
ERROR: Failed to record 'Marc Riley - Primitive Parts (b04v61pj)'

can get wma to work but so slow, want to record as mp3, can you give me way to fix, as simple as possible instructions please
Thanks

user-775

"You should get a prompt asking if you’re sure you want to overwrite. Write yes and hit enter and it should overwrite the old file with the new."
Completed as per Square Penguins instructions (thanks for these) and i did get the overwrite yes /no. However like ibizasimon when i went to record Marc Riley radio 6 from yesterday failed to record

user-775

Abnd heres a screen print of what i did on cmd

user-791

Yes have exactly the same problems. WMA works but thats it, and it seems to be downloading in real time and its painfully slow.

I noticed the BBC seem to be using SSL links for .js?

Downnloaded the latest version of getiplayer... yes. Tried the latest beta cgi and pl scripts... yes.

I also noticed that RTMPdumpHelper that also uses RTMPdump no longer works with BBC links either.

user-791

Oops, never mind, scratch that. The githead update seems to work afterall, I think I needed to refresh the cache for the changes to be picked up.

user-585

Hi Tim,
Your screenprint shows that when you tried to do the overwrite, the system refused to let it. "Access is denied" so the file update never happened. As the file wasn't updated, the download problems are still there.

Did you open the cmd window with right click > Run as Administrator?

Now that you have renamed the file as get_iplayer.pl, you could also try the copy paste method mentioned here!. This is how I've always applied the HEAD updates and have never had any problems with it.

@ibizasimon Double posting doesn't help!

user-775

Thank you tvfan, square penguin, art and soupdragon thats radio 6 downloading. Long shift in work tomorrow made bearable with these downloads on my Ipod. WHAT A GREAT SERVICE

user-585

Glad you got it working Tim.

How did you sort it in the end?

These forums are archived

See this post for further info