These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Split: Trouble updating to git HEAD

user-788

First of all please accept my profound apologies because, basically, I'm crap when it comes to anything technical.

Shocking I know but at least I'm honest.

It took me ages to find 'get_iplayer' and when it was running initially (before all of the changes by the BBC) I had no problems whatsoever.

But since this latest 'incident' I am completely lost.

I've tried to follow the assistance & guidance of these fine chaps before me, but I can't even change anything because my pc keeps on saying I don't have Administrator Rights (even though I'm the only one working the pc).

As I said, I'm really thick !!

Therefore, could someone please, in words of one syllable, tell (or better show me) how I can get my Radio 2 / 6 Music stuff back 'in the land of the living' and get 'Administrator's Rights'

I hope that I'm not too much of a burden on this august group and that someone can help. I'm at my wits end.

Thanking you in advance... and a very merry xmas to one & all !!!

user-30

Hello @jaygreen69, I have split your topic from the one you posted in as much of what you want to know has been covered before.

Please read ALL of this guide:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/install...itheadwin/

Please don't read part of it and think to yourself 'I don't know what X is' or whatever. Read the whole thing, and then preferably read it again. Then decide if you feel up to carrying out the fix.

If not, your only option is to wait for the next release of the installer, which won't be too long now I'm reliably informed.

user-795

Hello i am also a complete novice so please post a link to next release of the installer many thanks

user-30

It's not out yet, and once it is, it would be available via the downloads section.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info