These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Cannot install v2.9

user-662

Hi,
I have been using get_iplayer for about a year now and love it. I recently had a few PC problems and had to delete quite a lot of stuff inc, get_iplayer. Everything is back working now so I downloaded the latest version last night. I came to install it but get the message;

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.'

I am the only user on my PC so I never regarded administrator permissions as affecting me.
Any ideas?
Thanks

user-662

I'm using Windows 8.1

user-2

There would be no way to know exactly what you've done to your machine, so it's difficult to even guess what is going on. That error message is generic and doesn't really give a clue what resource is being denied. Even if you're the only user, you don't get away from the system security policies. Try opening the installer via Right Click -> Run As Administrator to ensure that you are invoking with admin privileges. If that doesn't bear fruit, make sure all anti-virus, spyware protection, security software, etc. has been completely stopped, including any associated system services (assuming you're willing to do that) and try again. If that doesn't work, try running the installer from a USB stick or external drive (a bit of long shot).

user-662

After a bit of wrestling with Windows it seems to be working now. Cheers

These forums are archived

See this post for further info