These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

(Split) get_iplayer not working

user-767

Hi, Unbelievably great program which I've been using for a long time. Recently I had to change over to PID and that worked fine however now I get the error "WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with versions(s): default". I've installed version 2.90 for Windows, read and followed all the instructions but it's not working for me, same error showing. Any advice?

user-2

@mcinerdo1: If you won't supply your command line, or even the PID for the programme you're trying to download, how can you possibly expect anyone to assist you?

user-767

This is my first time in this forum and my first post so sorry that I'm not familiar with the protocol. The problem is not related to any particular programme or PID. I can no longer download anything. I've been using the same command line for a long time for example "get_iplayer --type=tv --pid=b04v85cw" Previously I used "get_iplayer --type=tv --get=744" Thank you for any help you can give.

user-2

First time or not, you already know the problem is peculiar to your machine, so you have to give me somewhere to start. We have to at least be testing the same command.

Your example works fine here, as expected - there is nothing wrong with the command itself. First, try searching for Intruders and downloading with the index number as normal. If the last episode of Intruders doesn't appear in search results, you likely haven't refreshed your cache somehow. Re-read the 2.90 release notes to see how. If that doesn't work, run the command with
Code:
--pid
again and add
Code:
--verbose
, then copy the output into a text file and post it here as an attachment. DO NOT paste it into your reply.

user-767

Your position of power and knowledge in this area does not give you the right to assume this needlessly dismissive attitude and tone. I am simply asking for help and I sorry if you feel I am wasting your time. Though I will probably have to give up on this excellent program, I have more respect for myself than to allow myself to be addressed in this manner. I wouldn't accept it in person and I'm not going to accept it in this forum. Thanks but no thanks.

user-2

You are reading between the lines where there is nothing to read, and hearing "tone" where there is nothing to hear. I didn't dismiss your query - I told you what you needed to do for me to help you with your problem, and when you did so I offered both concrete steps to take and more help if needed. I can't help anyone - you included - unless they demonstrate exactly what is wrong on their system. If requiring users to show the problem they're having, in sufficient detail that it can be tested, is a personal affront, then no software would ever get supported anywhere. If you want help fixing your problem, I've told you where to begin. It's up to you.

user-2

One more thing: It appears that you may be using get_iplayer from outside the UK. If that is so, geo-blocking could explain the "No programmes are available" messages.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info