get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

unable to download program since tuesday

user-756

hi
first thanks for a great piece of software use it a lot
on Monday downloaded k bruce show no problem
every day since fails to download
shows command exit code 2 (raw code =512)
and it shows a podcast date of 30-7-2009
for tues to Friday
is it a fault there end

user-585

Hi,
Just tried Ken Bruce from Wednesday and Friday and both downloaded with no problem. Can't see the 2009 podcast date. Where are you seeing it?

user-756

Hi sorry
for not getting back its shown in the info window
I could send a screen grab of the data but how would I do that
it also says warning stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data ...
no problems with any other programs that I have downloaded this week.

user-30

Couple things:

1) In order to take a screen shot - Google is your friend there. There are a bazillion guides and tools you can use depending on your operating system.

2) You don't need to take a screenshot, you can simply copy the text from the get_iplayer window into a text file. Again, Google will tell you how to copy text from a cmd prompt/terminal depending on the system you're running. NOTE - use a proper text editor, not something like Word or Open/Libre Office. On Windows you can use Notepad++, Mac Text Wrangler and Linux Kate/Geany/gedit or a million others.

3) The error you mentioned in your last post suggests that there may have been a failed download and that the stream can't restart from the last point the download got to. Take a look in the folder where get_iplayer downloads and see if there are any files in there with .partial in the file name. Delete that file and try the download again.

user-756

hi
thanks for that
checked out the program on listen again
and there is a short 9second message about competition being closed has been on there since Tuesday for me
then normal program starts
and get_iplayer pickes up on this message

user-2

Update get_iplayer. See Git HEAD section of installation page in wiki.

user-756

EDIT - Voluminous pasted text removed.

user-30

As mentioned above, please attach large text outputs in a .txt file using one of the free programmes listed, or use one of your favourites. Pasting such a large volume of text into the forum disrupts the ability to read posts and is usually ignored by most people anyway.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info