These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Widows 8.1 detailed installation guide

user-754

Hi,

I have tried to install get_iplayer on my new laptop that runs with windows 8.1 (touch screen), the program get installed just fine with no error messages however the get_iplayer execution files does not seem to work.

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough and post the installation steps for windows 8.1.

Many thanks

khalid

user-30

user-754

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have already used these step on Windows Vista and Windows 7 and they work brilliantly. However, these step don't seem to work with windows 8.1.

I have tried many times and a I have double checked that I did everything right but with no success.

I wonder if you can help,

With regards,
Khalid

user-30

Those instructions work perfectly for Windows 8.1 (tested by many many people) so there could be another problem with your system.

It's impossible for us to say what that would be but if you can provide some very detailed info about what exactly you are doing and what isn't working and what the exact error is (down to the level of 'I click the link called 'blah' and 'X' happens' then we might get some clues.

Also, you can try a complete reinstall, turn off your anti-virus and check your system path to make sure things haven't become corrupted.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info