These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

http://localhost:1935 not working

user-752

Just downloaded & installed version 2.90

Whilst pvr_manager command line starts ok, http://localhost:1935 doesn't work (just goes to . Tuned off firewall & anti-virus but makes no difference. Am running Vista. Probably something quite simple but can't find any solution

In case pvr_manager command window is erroneous, this is what it shows:

DEBUG: Command: ".\get_iplayer.cmd" --encoding-locale=UTF-8 --encoding-console-o
ut=UTF-8 --nopurge --nocopyright --showoptions
DEBUG: Command: ".\get_iplayer.cmd" --encoding-locale=UTF-8 --encoding-console-o
ut=UTF-8 --nopurge --nocopyright --showoptions
ut=UTF-8 --nopurge --nocopyright --listplugins
INFO: Listening on 127.0.0.1:1935

Many thanks

user-2

"just goes to"? Just goes to what? Try loopback address (127.0.0.1) instead of localhost.

user-752

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>“just goes to”? Just goes to what? Try loopback address (127.0.0.1) instead of localhost.

Sorry - should have wriiten "goes to page not found" or sends me to a search engine page with

127.0.0.1 changes to 127.0.0.1/es_home.htm and brings up WinTV DVB-T Electronic Program Guide for Hauppage - which is the tv video card. So there's some kind of conflict

Any advice

user-2

Search engine page with what? Did you try 127.0.0.1:1935, not just 127.0.0.1? You obviously have some kind of web server already running on your machine, presumably an unhelpful service related to your TV card, but it's not likely also to be bound to port 1935. Whatever is running on your machine could also be interfering with resolving the localhost alias to your machine, but there is no way for me to know. Bottom line: it appears that some third-party software has messed up your machine. You'll have to find out what it is and what it's doing. get_iplayer is working correctly.

user-2

Another thing to do is to check
Code:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
and make sure localhost hasn't been remapped. Unlikely, but you never know.

user-757

I get the same issue when I start the pvr manager (2.90 on Win 7) - I just refresh the page after a few seconds and it works as expected. The latest version seems to take a bit longer to setup the correct port for the web page.

Many thanks for this great tool!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info