These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can't download anything

user-737

Up unitl last week, I had no problem with downloading programs via pid, but after an upgrade to v2.90, nothing is working. On first run, the command line (and the PVR for that matter) says that it is unable to download any of the new XML feeds. On trying to downlaod via PID, I get the following sequence of messages:

WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
WARNING: PID URL contained no RDF data. Trying to record PID directly
INFO: Trying pid <pid name> using type:tv
INFO: Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
Matches:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
ERROR: Failed to get version pid from metadata from iplayer site

Am I doing something wrong? Input to programs is: get_iplayer --pid <pid name>

user-648

Right now it cannot download anything.

user-2

@dft5215: It appears you can't connect to the BBC, so either you have an incomplete/damaged installation of get_iplayer, or there is something wrong with your upstream internet service or firewall/antivirus/something-else-that-interferes. For the former, uninstall and reinstall. For the latter, there isn't anything we can do - you'll have to figure out what you changed to break get_iplayer. If you can't be bothered to provide an example, we can't check your report, even just to say that it works OK here.

@calaf1982: You appear to be outside the UK, so you can't really complain.

user-648

Everything is ok. Uninstall and reinstall with antivirus application closed down.
Thank.

user-840

I can download certain things and cant download certain things. Of most importance is the Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake which is about the expire soon. I cant seem to find it on get_iplayer. Any suggestions? Time is running out :) Too good a program to not get.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02...itter-lake

user-585

This has just downloaded without any problems for me using the command
Code:
get_iplayer modes=flashhd --pid p02gyz6b

user-840

thank you! that worked. Could you please tell me how you got the information for example --pid codes? For future use.

user-30

If you have a look at the TV Download guide in the Guides section linked in the top menu bar you'll find an Explanation of the PID method. A direct link for your convenience:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/tv-do...et_iplayer

These forums are archived

See this post for further info