These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Webscraper full version

user-619

This will use a CSV of your shows and use it to scrape the iPlayer website for episodes and download them. There is considerable logic to deal with the various ways that the BBC format their data. I am not sure if this works against the new get_iplayer that just got released, but works fine with the previous one. This is working really well for me.

IplayerScraper.txt

user-550

This may be remarkably stupid, but how would you use this?

Neil

user-619

Well, first of all sorry, I don't visit here very often. This is a PowerShell script (sorry that just what I do) so this will only run on Windows. In fact, since I use features from PowerShell 3 it will only run on Windows 8 or Server 2012.

Paste the script into a file with extension .PS1 (that's PowerShell). Eventually you will wanna run this as a scheduled task so it runs once an hour or whatever. You will need to supply a .CSV file, you can make this in Notepad or Excel. It needs to have Show Title in the first column and Show pid in the second. Here is a sample from my one:

Name,PID
University Challenge,b006t6l0
Strictly Come Dancing,b006m8dq
BBC News at Six,b007mpkna
BBC Weekend News,b009m51q
Big School,p01d3njz
Blandings,b03w7s2s
Call the Midwife,p0118t80
Click,b006m9ry
Doctor Who,b006q2x0

Edit the script to reflect the correct paths, you will see those lines towards the beginning.

Don't worry about the move stuff at the end, that moves my shows to a Google drive for transportation.

Let me know how you get on

M

user-619

Note these are SHOW PIDS not episode PIDS so you only need to make the CS once. and it will continue to grab the shows from that moment on. Since the get_player history is still maintained by get_iplayer using EPISODE PID it will never download shows that already have been downloaded.

M

These forums are archived

See this post for further info