These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Define a Temp directory

user-634

Would it be possible to define a local tmp directory for downloading and processing (e.g. aac -> libmp3lame). I have my output directories pointing to my NAS drive and processing 1hr mp3's can take quite a while over a wifi link.

Get_Iplayer is a great piece of software and the response to BBC attempts to disrupt it has been amazing.

Keep up the Good work.

user-30

This is an interesting feature request but likely won't make the priority list just yet given the current situation.

If you want to make a change now, what I've done in the past is define the output directories on the local machine and then used rsync to push/pull the converted files to my media machine (the NAS in your case) using cron.

user-2

Ditto what SP wrote. This has been requested before, but I have no plans to implement it. It is far better to use rsync or even just the file copy utility in your operating system. If you really want the file to be copied ASAP, you can use the
Code:
--command
option to launch a file copy after get_iplayer has completed processing a download. However, it makes more sense to wait and copy files outside get_iplayer.

user-634

Thanks Guys.

I will try local output directories and use cron to move them to the NAS.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info