These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Automating PID Collection and Download

user-641

I have no technical knowledge so please excuse incorrect terminology.

I put together the following command:

get_iplayer --get --fields=pid b007813n b00781c9 b00781cv b0078ynt b01g9tty --tvmode=best

After spending hours trying to grasp the command structure, it struck me that the process of collecting PIDs from Iplayer, choosing options, and then dropping down to the command line and operating the command could be possibly automated, restoring the usefulness of Get_iplayer - as is - to those non technical users like me.

Is it possible - is anybody willing to take on the task. I'm hoping so?

Dave T

user-250

So long as they keep the pids for the same programmes static.
I'm doing something like this.

p-code
at programme1_time+1 hour get_iplayer -pid=$pid1 -type=radio
at programme2_time+1 hour get_iplayer -pid=$pid2 -type=radio
at programmeN_time+1 hour get_iplayer -pid=$pidN -type=radio

If I had time, I'd like to have a little sql database, and maybe an android app to select programmes.

I know I'll never get around to it, and my perl/shell code is so bad, I won't share it.

user-21

could the --pid-recursive option be utilized to get upcoming programs
get_iplayer.cmd --pid=b00cjsgz --type=radio --pid-recursive --output F:\Media\radio\ap\

that will record all episodes that are available of a series
or
get_iplayer.cmd --pid=b006m86d > f:\PIDOutput.txt ( where the pid is the PID for the shows webpage)

for instance that will output all of eastenders including shows for the week ahead and put it in a file. It is a rather long file for that show as it has about 20+years of programs.

I have been using that then creating ONCE PVR files but it is a very time consuming effort. Especially as I have a large number of programs I record as series.

Is there a similar option but --pid-future ????

user-250

My other standby is to record R4 from 0800-2200, 200MB per hour , and chop by time, discard what not wanted.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info