Code:
/usr/bin/get_iplayer --get 757 --force "/home/Videos"

Does this make sense?

TIA

user-2

You need to use
Code:
--output=/home/Videos
, otherwise that path is just ignored. I don't know why it would not write to /root - I'm presuming you are logged in as root and that is your home directory. The thumbnail could just be broken. You don't say what programme you're downloading, so I can't check. If it still fails, try again with
Code:
--verbose --thumbnail-only
added. The output will include the thumbnail URL, which you can check for yourself.

user-147

Thank you. Much appreciated.

user-147

I tried the following command line:

$ /usr/bin/get_iplayer --get 779 --force --output=/home/Videos --verbose --thumbnail-only

The result was a download of 'New Tricks'and the same thumbnail error message as before.

Although I could not get any sound previously despite installing every codec file I could identify, uninstalling vlc and reinstalling it solved tha problem.

The tumbnail issue isn't life threatening, just an irritant.

user-2

Your thumbnail problem stems from the fact that you're using an obsolete version of get_iplayer. For that, and several other reasons, you should update to latest release 2.87. See the release notes in the wiki.

user-147

I'm running Mageia and had used the repo version (2.8.5)
I uninstalled that and followed the excellent instructions on your Installation Guide and all is well (except the website spells it Mangeia(?). A spoonerism perhaps.

Thanks for an enjoyable piece of software.

user-2

It would seem the Mageia package has been abandoned. When I have a chance I'll add a health warning to the installation docs.

I don't see that misspelling, so please post the URL so that I can fix it.

user-30

Spelling corrected! It was on the 'downloads' page and I had spelt it incorrectly when I made some layout changes today.

user-147

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>It would seem the Mageia package has been abandoned. When I have a chance I’ll add a health warning to the installation docs.

Why? I found the instructions for Mageia 4 worked like a well-oiled machine.

user-2

Except that you get a partially-broken version of get_iplayer. The instructions need a warning to check the latest version against whatever is in repos.

user-638

Thumbnail not working in get_iplayer 2.87 (latest version)wrong thumbnail)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info