These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

3.24 failure to record with "ERROR: Cannot open (write)" using Avast and Malwarebytes

user-2162

My PC runs on Windows 10 with Edge and I am using Avast and Malwarebytes for security. I have downloaded  version 3.24 of get__iplayer. As ever when get iplayer has a new version. I have shut off windows defender when downloading as this was causing a problem previously.  Programme loads and search screen appears. I select a programme : press  record and I get[below]
INFO: Downloading tv: '04 Wal: Cyfres 4 - 04. Pennod 4 (p066m2qy) [original]'
ERROR: Cannot open (write): C:\Users\ZooStorm\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\04_Wal_Cyfres_4_-_04._Pennod_4_p066m2qy_original.video.txt
Recording complete
However, there is no recording of programme. Downloading asterisk’s do not appear
Any ideas would be welcome of what is happening. I have installed; wiped and reinstalled several times. What  is happening? Help please, but I am a 76 year old not a computer literate PC expert

Many thanks
Kalamazoo

user-1672

The clue seems to be in the error message you are receiving:

ERROR: Cannot open (write)

which suggests a permissions issue preventing the output file being created.

user-2162

Thank you but please how do I solve? Where and what are these permissions? At 76, I am not a computer buff-everything has to be simple
Many thanks

user-250

I would first consider following the How to report a problem

That programme may not be available

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p066m2qy

Code:
04 Wal: Cyfres 4 - Pennod 4, S4C, p066m2qy
INFO: 1 total programmes

WARNING: No media streams found for requested programme versions and recording modes.
WARNING: The programme may no longer be available - check the iPlayer or Sounds site.
WARNING: The programme may only be available in an unsupported format (e.g., Flash) - check the iPlayer or Sounds site.

The Sounds site says
It appears to say in Welsh
"Sorry, this episode is not currently available"

These forums are archived

See this post for further info