These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

get_iplayer can't find Ten Pieces

user-599

I am trying to download Ten Pieces (15 days left) but get_iplayer can't find it. When I type this:

get_iplayer ten pieces

I get, coincidentally, 10 Matching Programmes but none of them are Ten Pieces. When I type this:

get_iplayer pieces

I get 0 Matching Programmes. Does anyone know a way round this problem? If not, does anyone know of an alternative peice of software to get_iplayer which can download from iPlayer?

Thank you very much.

user-2

user-599

Hi Dinky

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried both the URL and PID method but I just get the following:

"pid not found in tv cache"

Is there anything else I can do using get_iplayer? If not, do you know of any other software which can capture iPlayer streams, perhaps as they are playing in the browser?

I don't want to use a screen recording utility because that would capture any buffering as well which is what I am trying to avoid. It seems that iPlayer in HD is prone to buffering no matter how fast your broadband is. I want to be able to watch the programme with complete confidence that there won't be any buffering.

Thank you very much.

user-30

Have you updated to the git HEAD version of get_iplayer? It contains recent updates and changes that should allow get_iplayer to function despite the recent change on the BBC's end.

Instructions can be found here as per the post user-2 linked to.

user-599

Hi Square Penguin

Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried this out but I get the following error:

Code:
Bareword found where operator expected at get_iplayer.pl line 3, near ""Content-
Type" content"
        (Missing operator before content?)
syntax error at get_iplayer.pl line 3, near "html>"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at get_iplayer.pl line 56.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you very much.

user-2

I assume you're using Windows. Re-read the instructions SP referenced. You have to save the script as a plain text file.

user-599

Hi Square Penguin

All sorted. :-)

I have discovered what the problem was. Chrome added some HTML junk to the files. I therefore tried again by right-clicking on the links and clicking on "Save link as...". I have now succeeded in downloading Ten Pieces.

Thank you very much to both user-2 and Square Penguin for all your help.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info