These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Missing audio?

user-2363

I don't think this is platform-specific (hence posting here) but I am running Get Iplayer on a Mac (NOT GIA!) using the latest 3.23 version.

Recently downloading some BBC programmes only gives video with no sound. Audio is in a separate m4a file, e.g. not combined. I've restarted the machine, stopped running Hazel scripts on the files (to move them around) and even tried altering the tvmode (tvbest/tvgood or leaving it blank for the default) and even 25fps. The odd thing is that it worked for a long time on v3.22 and suddenly only happened. It is as if the files are not being combined but I see no reason why this should happen.

e.g. I get
Midlands_Today_Late_News_-_35._2019-12-01_m000c01y_original.dash (m4a extension)
Midlands_Today_Late_News_-_35._2019-12-01_m000c01y_original (mp4 extension)

Can I be overlooking something obvious? I am using the web interface for all control.

I've also tried this with a "national" programme in case there was something odd with the regional output.

Here's an extract from downloading Newsnight:

INFO: Downloading tv: 'Newsnight - 175. 29/11/2019 (m000bq3z) [original]'
#################################################################################################
INFO: Downloaded: 544.98 MB (00:40:27) @ 111.79 Mb/s (hvfxsd1/bi) [audio+video]

And that worked.

Looking at other regional programmes (using the exact same settings) it shows a different lot of text with the download

INFO: Downloading tv: 'South Today: Late News - 35. 01/12/2019 (m000bzxb) [original]'
#############################################################################################
INFO: Downloaded: 3.68 MB (00:05:03) @ 3.27 Mb/s (dvfxsd1/bi) [audio]
##################################################################################################
INFO: Downloaded: 60.25 MB (00:05:03) @ 37.08 Mb/s (dvfxsd1/bi) [video]
INFO: Converting to MPEG-TS
INFO: Converting to MP4
INFO: Tagging MP4

and that didn't work.

Any guidance gratefully received.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info