These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

BBC Proms - 2013 Season: Prom 29

user-45

HI

I am quite new here and I urgently would like to download the BBC Proms 2013 Season Prom 29 Wagner - Tannhauser.
It was on BBC Radio 3 in three parts.

I have downloaded get_iplayer successfully and typed in
get_iplayer --get "prom" --type=radio
Than I get a list of bbc sessions and I am interested in item number 10574, 10576 and 10577.
Therefore I typed in
get_iplayer --get10574 --type=radio
it is searching a bit and than it tells me
INFO: no specified modes () available for this program.

Could anyone be so kind to give me a helping hand? that would be fab.,
Cheers

Tannhauser

user-45

I forgot to mention I live in the UK, got Windows XP.
For further info see attached screener.
I only got 4 day left to download it, so I am a bit concerned. Thank you so much for offering your help in advance.

Tannhauser

user-45

even if I go directly to the BBC homepage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b037tvrs
and type in
get_iplayer --type=radio --pid b037tvrs
I get an error message. There is 1 match, but no specified mode available

user-30

You might just need to specify a mode, which is what the error is saying to do. Try adding
Code:
--radiomode=best
to the command.

So the whole thing would be:

Code:
get_iplayer –-get 10574 10576 10577 -–type=radio --radiomode=best

That should download all three programs.

user-45

Thx Square Penguin, now it tells me
required mplayer does not exist :(

user-30

Another chap had this issue very recently. It was because somehow he didn't install get_iplayer's dependencies, of which mplayer is one.

The best thing to do is uninstall get_iplayer entirely and they install it again using the installer from this 'official' link:

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win...latest.exe

Make sure that ALL the components are selected for installation as they are ALL needed. Then you should be able to use the command I gave you previously to get the download going.

user-2

Tannhäuser: I'd like to know how you installed get_iplayer the first time around and where you got your instructions. As SP said, we've seen another person install without dependencies, and it's a very unusual thing to happen on Windows. I'm wondering if there is some bad information floating around out there that needs to be corrected.

user-45

Hi both of you

I installed it at the first time without the other add ones. Hence the problems.
Than I installed it from the source, Square Penguin was so kind to post above and I installed it with ALL add ons. I uninstalled the previous version before of course.

Now I can find Tannhäuser 1,2 and 3 (new numbers 10565, 67 and 68) BUT I still cant download it successfully.
I type in
get_iplayer –-get 10565 -–type=radio --radiomode=best
At the start, I do see some dots on the black display, then some more text runs though and suddenly a Microsoft Window pops up saying (16-bit-MS-DOS-Teilsystem) CS:0f.... and I can close it or Ignore it.
Both resulting in the same manor: nothing is happening. I have to click on it twice, it disappears but no download. (see attachment) In the folder there is nothing saved.

It makes me crazy, I got three more days to go and am really worried I cant make it. Ah, I was live there and just would like to have a copy for me as a souvenir, it was a stunning concert.

Thanks for your help again.

user-2

Check the contents of the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\autoexec.nt. It's possible that some long-forgotten drivers are still listed there and they are not loading properly when get_iplayer creates a DOS session to run rtmpdump and begin downloading. A clean autoexec.nt will load mscdexnt.exe, redir and dosx. If you see anything else in that file, Google it to see if it's something you still need.

user-45

thanks user-2. How can I open autoexec.nt to look into it?

user-2

It is a text file, so use whatever you normally employ to open text files.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info