These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

--no-command[-[tv|radio]]

user-1923

Running get_iplayer 3.22.0-MSWin32 from a Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Version 6.1.7601) CMD shell.

Hi,

Can the options:
--no-command
--no-command-tv
--no-command-radio
be incorporated into get_iplayer, please?

From get_iplayer's point of view these could be considered boolean options since it will either be running a user command or not running a user command. Hence, it could be argued that they should behave like other boolean options and allow the "no-" prefix as specified in the documentation.

I have --command-tv and --command-radio in my preferences to do some post-download processing, but today I had an occasion to not require them and discovered the "no-" versions are not available.

Admittedly, I've had these options in my preferences for quite a while and this is the first time I'd have made use of a --no-command-tv. So, these are not features I'd be often using. Also, I got around it by using a blank --command-tv on the command line to override the one in my preferences:
Code:
get_iplayer …--command-tv ""…
(It hasn't escaped my notice that this empty command, with the space and two double-quotes requires the exact same number of keystrokes as prefixing the option with the characters "no-".)

Thanks.

user-2

Sorry, no. You've already discovered one way to override the setting, so put it in a preset. Since you're counting keystrokes, that will save you even more. You could also set the value to something benign, like "echo", that would run without effect.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info