These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Am I ******?

user-2025

This is way off topic (not technically get_iplayer related).  I have used get_iplayer for years with great success.  I am forever in the debt of the creators/maintainers for a wonderful app.

I download episodes and content, backup to HDD then move to my Plex media server.  I have not actually watched anything live at home in years as I either watch the download or I stream content.

Recently I detected a bug in my plan and I just lost ~ 7 weeks of some shows due to an issue with my backup software.  The major issue is that I have lost Series 25 of The Graham Norton Show (episodes 01 to 07). 

They are no longer available on anything except BBC America (you need a subscription through an American content provider - which I don't have). 

My question is this:  Will these episodes be "broadcast" again? Am I ducked (in the words of one of my favourite shows - VofD) or really, really ducked?  I pay so little attention to the actual live TV schedule that I don't even remember if these episodes would be shown again. I know how to delete the entry's out of my download history so they will queue the next time they are shown, but will they be shown again?  Is there any other source to get those 7 episodes?

The other issue is fixing my backup.  I haven't missed an episode of doctors, but am missing 7 episodes of Holby City.  I missed episode 1 of Mum (series 3), but was able to download still.  My backup software is supposed to compare the source and target folder then copy over the missing files.  There are no filters which could cause some titles to be skipped.  This is beyond bizarre and has resulted in hours of testing with no solution..

any ideas on how to get the missing Graham Norton episodes would be greatly appreciated.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info