These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

How do I override interface address for Web PVR Manager?

user-2363

Hello.

I have tried a site search (WPM is too short) and the bits I've found I have struggled to comprehend into action.

I have got Get_Iplayer installed with the MacOS compiler/bundle (NOT GIA!) and it works on my desktop machine. It happily services material to 127.0.0.1:1935 BUT I CANNOT access this machine over my LAN if I use the LAN's address instead of the 127.0.0.1 address.

I could not see a configuration file that I could edit and some suggestions seem to be for other platforms.

I guess there is a simple place, for those in the know, to change 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.0.99 so that both the local (actual) machine can see itself, as well as other machines on my LAN (NOTE: I am aware there is no apparent -- that I've found -- password access protection to the web app, but the machine is firewalled externally). It is just I want to be able to work more comfortably on my larger screen rather than on a small screen in another room in less comfort!

Would someone kindly give a few tips, or suggest the magic words to enter into the forum search here or Mr Google? I am ok editing files in the terminal if I just know what and where.

With kind regards!

user-2

Code:
get_iplayer.cgi --listen=x.x.x.x
Note that the name of that script will change in the next release.

user-2363

(31-03-2019, 05:48 PM)
Code:
get_iplayer.cgi --listen=x.x.x.x
Note that the name of that script will change in the next release.
Thank you for the kick-start. I will now be able to more explore this wonderful tool in relative comfort!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info