These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Future Programmes Warnings

user-1923

I'm running get_iplayer 3.18.0-MSWin32 from a Windows 7 command promt.

When searching my caches for programmes I get a nice listing of what I'm looking for. For example:

get_iplayer Output:

C:>get_iplayer --type radio --future "the rivals"

Matches:
49857:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Clairvoyants, BBC Radio 4, b080r360
49858:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Stanway Cameo Mystery, BBC Radio 4, b081ld30
49859:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Secret of Dunstan's Tower, BBC Radio 4, b082fgt8
49860:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Mystery of the Scarlet Thread, BBC Radio 4, b082x79t
INFO: 4 matching programmes
When I want to include only those programmes currently available I get the following search results:

get_iplayer Output:

C:>get_iplayer --type radio --no-future "the rivals"

WARNING: Ignoring future programme (b082x79t): '49860: The Rivals: Series 4 - The Mystery of the Scarlet Thread - 2019-01-20T19:45:00+00:00'
WARNING: Use --future to download future programmes that are already available from iPlayer
Matches:
49857:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Clairvoyants, BBC Radio 4, b080r360
49858:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Stanway Cameo Mystery, BBC Radio 4, b081ld30
49859:  The Rivals: Series 4 - The Secret of Dunstan's Tower, BBC Radio 4, b082fgt8
INFO: 3 matching programmes
get_iplayer is warning me that there is a future programme excluded from the results and giving me all the details of the programme excluded, despite me explicitly stating that I didn't want the information (by means of the --no-future option). These warnings take up more screen space than just listing the programme. To my mind this renders the --no-future option almost useless.

Would you consider removing these warnings (at least when only searching and not downloading), or adding a --suppress-future-warnings (along with its negation, --no-suppress-future-warnings) option or something similar?

user-2

It's a no from me, but it would be a trivial change to add a new option to suppress the warning, so feel free to submit a pull request.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info