These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Is iplayer down again? Search comes up blank

user-559

Hi guys

I have been using this great tool for a while, even just last week, but this weekend it stopped fetching new programmes anymore. The refresh doesnt come up with any feeds. I figure it might be like the last post on this matter, that BBC's own iplayer is down, but is it? I tried reinstalling the latest version, it made things worse as now the perl.exe doesn't work. Not sure if this is related.

Anyone else facing a problem with the service?

cheers
al

user-545

Are you using Win or something else?

Can you please post what you type when using get_player and what response you get.

Also, please copy that screen to your reply. It may be that you are in a region that has a problem with BBC IPlayer (which has happened more frequently in recent weeks).

I appreciate this is of little help - but it is at least a start!

user-559

Tks for reply. Sorry m new to this forum, here is my detls:

browser: firefox
version pvr: latest

Well, yesterday I reinstalled the latest version from this blog, and i had a perl.exe error. But today when I launched pvr, the problem seems to have gone away and now I can run the programmes browser, except nothing comes out (which takes me back to the situation I had before I reinsatlled. As you can see from screen caps, the results I got last week when things worked fine, are still there. But when I refresh, it fetches no new programmes. Earlier when I refreshed it did fetch some results, but nothing from Radio 3.

I primarily use this for Radio 3 classical programmes. perhaps its iplayer is down too?

Can you download Radio 3 programmes from where you are?

i have six attachment so I send in two batches. They are screencap of the pvr window, and the browser

cheers
al

user-559

The rest of the caps are attached

user-559

Here is the search browser. Thks very much!

cheers
al

user-559

Well, that was yesterday, today, perl.exe doesnt work again. When I run PVR Manager i this message:

perl.exe has stopped working
the application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000005). clikc ok to terminate the application

so it's a step back from what I had yesterday. What do u make of this?

sigh
al

user-2

Since you are trying to access iPlayer from outside the UK, we can't help you, so I'm going to close this thread. However, here are a few general suggestions:

1. Your browser screen shot suggests that you do not have the latest version, or else your cache hasn't been updated for nearly 5 months. If it doesn't say version 2.86 at the bottom of the web pvr screen, then you don't have the latest version

2. Stop using the web pvr to debug your problem. It only obfuscates what may be going on and is useless for debugging. Open the get_iplayer console window and attempt to refresh the cache with the following command:

Code:
get_iplayer --type tv,radio --refresh --verbose

Assuming it runs, look for error messages in the rather voluminous output.

3. Your problem with invoking perl.exe indicates something is wrong with your system - a bad/missing/misinstalled DLL or something like that. Nobody else will know what you've done to your system, so it will be impossible to even guess. All I can suggest is that if you've installed a non-get_iplayer version of Perl at any time, remove it completely and do a complete uninstall/re-install of get_iplayer. And make sure you install get_iplayer while logged in as a user who is a member of the Adminstrators group.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info