These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

What is Happening to Podcasts at Radio 4?

user-2285

I've been expecting the Beeb to pull the plug on get_iplayer for years. Because of that I've always gone out of my way to load programmes available as podcasts outside of get_iplayer, so I would have something to listen to while trying to find an alternative.

Lately, this has fallen through as many programmes have stopped bothering to update their RSS feed.  "One to One" is the worst offender -- they haven't updated theirs since June 5th, and many episodes weren't posted before that.

I have contacted the Beeb about this but I just get a case number and no reply.  I pointed out how annoying it is when we hear: "If you haven't already, please _do_ subscribe so you never miss an episode", knowing full well that we have missed all the episodes the Beeb couldn't be bothered to put in the feeds.

Someone must have read my grumbles because, just as I had decided to take them to the Advertising Standards Authority, they stopped saying it. Does any one have any idea what the Beeb thinks it is doing?  Is it going to drop plain, open standards RSS feeds?

I think the Beeb will only be happy when we all listen via smart-phones that are permanently connected to the internet, weigh a ton and cost an arm and a leg; and when we all give our inside-leg measurements to Apple or Google for allowing us to transfer podcasts.

Thanks, Peter

user-30

This isn't really related to support for get_iplayer so I've moved it to the AOB forum.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info