--pid-recursive not working with broken obsolete version of get_iplayer
Hi all.  Searching has revealed nothing to me specific to this fault, can anyone suggest some things that might be causing it?

I've just recognized that the reason I have recently been missing the very few TV programmes I record is that the Series or Brand PId's I have in my list for recording don't seem to be recognized as having any programmes associated with them.

(In addition to a few PVR entries, I have a couple batch files to automate grabbing those one-off PId's that take my interest in the iPlayer web pages...  Trouble is, because it is automated, I don't see when it says "0 total programmes" to me so I've missed a lot recently without realizing it :-[ )

So, for example, I run get_iplayer (or "Perl get_iplayer.pl" in my batch file) with --Hide --Versions=original,default --pid-recursive --pid=... with the following PId's on separate commandlines:

p06jy6bc (which is Killing Eve, that the BBC have decided to leave available as an entire series long-term, and to which I get the warning "INFO: 0 total programmes")
p0147qqb (Attenborough the Early Years, which is a single programme so --pid-recursive wouldn't be required even though it is specified, and which downloaded correctly)
p039wcdk (War and Peace, the recent series now available long-term, which gives the same warning)

What possible settings or options pref's might be causing this unexpected behaviour?  These are new entries in my lists so --Hide should not be having any impact, but I removed it temporarily just to test, with no joy.  I am baffled.  Any ideas?

Regards,
Dranok

P.S.  Using Windows get_iplayer 3.14.0 (with ffmpeg n3.1.2 but that's irrelevant at this point!)
Quote:Using Windows get_iplayer 3.14.0

Best to update the latest release to likely solve the issue - and read the 3.15 release notes for info:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplay...release315

(Not that 3.15 is the latest release, just likely relates to the issue you're having)
Well howz-about that then!  A known 'fault' (bless Aunty Beeb for keep-changing-things-to-make-our-life-hard) fixed by the very next version from what I was using...

Thank you very much for that quick simple solution :-) I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new 3.17.0.

As an aside/afterthought:  how do I purge from the cache/history a particular PId so that the package itself will download it again at the allocated time rather than me having to do it manually with --force?  I want to rid myself of a couple of weeks of downloads taking up way too much space in 50fps (that happened before I knew of the change, and came back here to find out what was happening, and added fps25 to my preferences) without doing every single one manually.  I wouldn't mind the work so much, except that some have now gone off iPlayer and I must wait for them to be repeated and grab them automatically when they appear (as they tend to every 3 or 6 months on BBC 4).

Is there a command I can't find that purges a specific download, or do I really have to scour the download_history or tv.cache manually and delete each entry? (And if so, do I have to do it in both files?)

Thank you for your time either way...

Dranok
(31-10-2018, 11:49 PM)Dranok Wrote: do I really have to scour the download_history or tv.cache manually and delete each entry?
Or use --force, which can be saved in pvr searches as well, though you would want to remove it once you have the desired programmes. Use --overwrite to replace files if you don't delete them directly.
(31-10-2018, 11:49 PM)Dranok Wrote:  (And if so, do I have to do it in both files?)
Don't touch cache files. They have nothing to do with this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't download defunct Highlands and Islands schedule page with obsolete get_iplayer mediapenguin 5 2,096 22-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: mediapenguin
  Cannot download programmes with PIDs beginning with 'm' using obsolete get_iplayer culafroy 7 2,640 06-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Last Post: zippy304
  2017-04-26: get_iplayer broken by the BBC - DO NOT USE dinky 0 3,191 26-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Last Post: dinky
  obsolete ffmpeg support broken in last two versions Kafaraqgatri 0 1,113 16-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Kafaraqgatri