These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Episode title must be included in --file-prefix in order to appear in output filename

user-1239

Can someone point me in the right direction here. I am trying to get a generic (as possible) method to give me series and film names.
Currently I use the following which does most of the job:

--fileprefix="<nameshort><.senum>"

But it falls down for certain programs two of which come to mind:

Storyville - will just give me Storyville instead of say Storyville _City of Ghosts
and recently I find another

Department Q - just ends up with Deparment Q and not the episode title and as there are 3 I tried to download the other day there was a filename conflict so the second and third failed.

So is there an answer to getting these to come up whilst keeping my usual <nameshort>and conditional senum format?

user-2

Not to belabour the obvious, but if you want to see the episode title in the output file name, you have to specify it in --file-prefix.

user-1239

ok so I didn't realise for instance what would be regarded as the episode part for something like Storyville.

ie. is Storyville the "shortname" and the title / subject the "episode"

I also tried :

Code:
--fileprefix="<name><.senum>"

hoping that <name> would be the whole thing but this didn't work.

So are you saying I should do this?

Code:
--fileprefix="<nameshort><.senum><.episodeshort>"
or
Code:
--fileprefix="<nameshort><.senum><.episode>

Would that work?

user-2

(18-10-2018, 06:38 PM)ok so I didn't realise for instance what would be regarded as the episode part for something like Storyville.
That's what --info is for.
(18-10-2018, 06:38 PM)
Code:
This. However, there are some cases where it won't produce unique names, e.g., programmes like Shipping Forecast or news bulletins that broadcast multiple episodes in a single day. If you want to guarantee unique file names, stick with the default.

user-1239

(18-10-2018, 07:27 PM)user-2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-10-2018, 06:38 PM)
Code:
This. However, there are some cases where it won't produce unique names, e.g., programmes like Shipping Forecast or news bulletins that broadcast multiple episodes in a single day. If you want to guarantee unique file names, stick with the default.
Ok no that's fine I just want to catch the film / episode variations. I can live with the rest.
Thank you for your help.

Louis

These forums are archived

See this post for further info