These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

iPlayer Search

user-558

Hi Guys,
Came across Get_iPlayer in a long search for software for downloading quality video from BBC iPlayer and have found it to be absolutely brilliant - "Hats off to the writer" and thank you very much.

My first download was Gardener's World of which I was able to download episodes 17-19 - On iPlayer there are about 14 episodes available but Get_iPlayer only picks up three - Is there any way I could get Get_iPlayer to pick up the rest in its search?

Thank you
Mike

user-30

I'm not sure about getting those other results into the search, it maybe a problem the Beeb's end or that get_iplayer needs some tweaking after the recent increase in availability time.

However, in the meantime you can download the programmes you want using the PID method. Taking the URL from episode 16 as:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04...episode-16

...the PID in this case would be
Code:
b048srv5
. Using this PID you can download the programme using the following code:

Code:
get_iplayer --pid b048srv5

You can use your normal output commands or whatever other arguments you usually use when downloading a show to have it saved in the correct folder or download the HD version too e.g.

Code:
get_iplayer --pid b048srv5 --tvmode=best --type=tv --channel="BBC Two" --file-prefix="<nameshort><-senum><-episodeshort>" --output "/media/TV Shows 1/2 - TV Shows/Gardeners' World"

user-558

Thank you mate, that's works a treat.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info