These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Downloaded program won't play.

user-556

I have recently installed get_iplayer. Today I downloaded a BBC program and also installed VLC. When I came to view the downloaded program, using VLC, a page saying "BBC Collections" and "BBC Web"(or similar)came on screen. Also a voice saying "This is BBC 4"( or similar) was heard but then cut off abruptly. The onscreen page did not change. Would anybody care to suggest what may have gone wrong and how i can correct it. Thanks.

user-30

You haven't really provided any useful diagnostic information here.

What programme did you download? What was the exact command you used to download it? What is the file type and size of the programme you are trying to play?

Have you had this problem with any other programme? Have there been any error messages when downloading?

user-556

Square Penguin, I had another try at downloading a program and playing it back and this time it worked. I firstly removed and then reinstalled "get-iplayer" but, in truth, I do not think that was my problem. I am more inclined to think that the BBC programme I downloaded, an old "Horizon" was not properly downloadable. It carried the description 'BBC Collections' and 'BBC Web Only'so maybe it was not available to be replay. This is my best guess anyway. Thanks for your interest in my problem.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info