These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can't locate XML/LibXML.pm in @INC with unsupported Perl

user-2245

I'm having a problem installing.

I've downloaded the package and run it, with the result being a folder in the Applications folder with various commands in it. When I double-click 'get_iplayer.command' a Terminal window opens and I get the following error:

Quote:/Applications/get_iplayer/get_iplayer.command ; exit;
Nicks-Computer-2:~ nick$ /Applications/get_iplayer/get_iplayer.command ; exit;
Can't locate XML/LibXML.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/get_iplayer/perl5/lib/perl5/darwin-thread-multi-2level /usr/local/get_iplayer/perl5/lib/perl5 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.16.3/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.16.3 /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.1 /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/local/get_iplayer/bin/get_iplayer line 3134.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/get_iplayer/bin/get_iplayer line 3134.

What am I doing wrong?

(I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I have version 3.0 installed and was trying to upgrade.)

-Nick

user-2

As you're told in the install docs, only macOS system Perl is supported. If you use an unsupported Perl installation, it is your responsibility to configure it properly. The modules you need are listed in the documentation.

user-2245

Thanks!

I wasn't aware that I had non-standard Perl installation. Presumably it's a side-effect of something else I've installed at some stage. So now I'll try to work out how to put it back to how it should be...

These forums are archived

See this post for further info