These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

rtmpdump cannot download files larger than 4GB

user-554

Hi,

I've been trying to download a couple of large files via get_iplayer but there's a problem which eventually leads to a "Failed to read RTMP packet header" message causing the download to fail.

The problem seems to be when I try to download iplayer shows that are larger than 2gb in size, I noticed after the kilobyte counter has gone up to just over 2000000kb (or 2gb) a minus symbol is added to the counter and the counter begins to count back down to 0kb and if the percentage of the file download doesn't reach 100% before it reaches 0kb then the "Failed to read RTMP packet header" appears leaving an unfinished .mp4.flv file of the incomplete download that is 3.99gb in size. is get_iplayer unable to download files larger than 4gb?

Thanks.

user-2

Quote:Quote:Is get_iplayer unable to download files larger than 4gb?

In theory - yes. In practice - rarely. On Windows - almost never. It is a limitation of rtmpdump and the RTMP protocol. Read this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

user-554

Thanks for the response user-2, the hacked version of rtmpdump worked like a charm, downloading files larger than 4gb with no problem, thank you! :)

user-585

Hi,
Is there any problem using this with the new version of get_iplayer as RTMPDump has now been upgraded or do we just swap the files over like before?

user-2

I haven't checked, but it should be OK to swap as before.

user-570

This old chestnut, again.

Is the 4gb limit fixed in v2.90? ... or do we still need to copy the hacked rtmpdump.exe over the installed version?
Main reason I ask is I see installation locations (Win7) are slightly different to v2.86, and the size of rtmpdump.exe seems to have significantly increased.

Thanks for all the work of all those that have given Get_iPlayer a new lease of life!

user-2

The location and size of rtmpdump.exe is irrelevant, as is the version of get_iplayer. Nothing has changed, nor is it ever likely to change.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info