These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can get_iplayer read search regexps from a file or stdin?

user-2231

Hello:

First time post here. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Right now I am using several pvr searches to download radio programmes weekly but I am thinking about grouping all of those regexps in just one or two big pvr records. Besides that, I'd like to know if get_iplayer can read the search regexps from a textfile (formatted per example with one regexp per line) instead. That would ease maintenance since I also would use this list with rss agreggators, flexget, etc.

And thank you for releasing get_iplayer! In the old days I had a shitty perl script to parse the html and download BBC3's Hear and Now, in realaudio!

user-2

(28-08-2018, 05:46 AM)Right now I am using several pvr searches to download radio programmes weekly but I am thinking about grouping all of those regexps in just one or two big pvr records.
It's your itch to scratch, but search time is minuscule compared to download time, so there wouldn't really be any advantage over using a separate pvr search for each programme.
(28-08-2018, 05:46 AM)Besides that, I'd like to know if get_iplayer can read the search regexps from a textfile
No

user-1906

In the old days I used to use a sh*tty script too :-)

This was my radio bash script
Code:
for id in $(get_iplayer --type=radio "Cerys on 6" "Craig Charles" "Geoff Barker" "Jools Holland" "News Quiz" "Round the Horne" "Sounds of the 60s" "The Museum of Curiosity" "The Unbelievable Truth" "The Wonderful World of Cerys Matthews" | grep -o '^[0-9]*:' | sed 's/://'); do
 get_iplayer --get $id --thumbnail --mp3
done

I don't do it that way now as it's too cumbersome to maintain and doesn't allow for specifying options such as subfolder names.

Nonetheless, it *might* take you forward.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info