These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Rtmpdump won't run on windows 7 64-bit

user-553

I just upgraded to the latest version of get_iplayer for Windows, I am running windows 7 64-bit, when I run web PVR manager I am getting a message when I select PVR RUN telling me: rtmpdump.exe cannot start due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of windows, please contact software vendor.

I have also tried running rtmpdump.exe from the command prompt with exactly the same result.

Can anybody help?

user-2

I don't think you reported the complete error message. I'll assume it also included "Unsupported 16-bit application", which should give you a clue that something is wrong with your system since rtmpdump would never be a 16-bit application. The first thing to try is to check for leftovers in autoexec.nt. See:

/topic...#post-1133

user-553

Thanks, DinkyPumpkin for your suggestion, however, Win 7 Pro 64-bit does not have a autoexec.nt file. I have attached an image of the error dialog box for your information. Before I installed the new version of get_iplayer the previous version was working OK, however, if I try and re-instal the previous version now it comes up with the same error box as the latest version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

user-553

I have tried adding get_iplayer directory to the PATH, I have also tried starting RTMPdump directly from the rtmpdump directory, the same error occurs in both cases. I am not sure where to look next.

user-2

Adding get_iplayer installation dir to PATH won't help. Needless to say, rtmpdump runs just fine on 64-bit Windows. I have no idea what was messed up on your particular system that would cause rtmpdump to be misidentified as a 16-bit application. Maybe you have a misbehaving anti-virus, though I don't know how that would cause this particular error. get_iplayer obviously doesn't touch any system components, so upgrading or re-installing should be irrelevant. Only you will know what you've done to your system. One person reported this same problem to the mailing list, then claimed to have found a solution. However, when asked she refused to supply that solution, so no further light was shed on the problem. The only other suggestion I can offer is to try some different rtmpdump binaries. One alternative (there are no doubt others floating around):

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopi...=29&t=1024

user-553

Many thanks, DinkyPumkin, looks like problem is solved with: https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/releases version. Downloading has started without any error reported so far. All I did was unzip and copy the rtmpdump.exe file across to the rtmpdump directory and start Web PVR Manager, bingo!

I much appreciate your help, hope this helps others who might come across a similar problem.

user-2

I would recommend trying the zeranoe build first. I've just remembered that the ksv build has problems resuming interrupted downloads, which will bite you sooner or later.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info