These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Cannot download PID b05zktnf (Law in Action 2015-05-25)

user-2198

Version: get_iplayer 3.16.0
Command Used: get_iplayer --pid-recursive --pid b006tgy1

I am attempted to download all 112 episodes of the Radio 4 series 'Law in Action'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tgy1

To do this I entered the command, above, and get_iplayer proceeded to download the most recent 37 episodes. A total of 112 are available on iplayer. The 38/112, Courts on Trial, wouldn't download and gave this output

get_iplayer Output:

WARNING: No media streams found for requested programme versions and recording modes.
WARNING: The programme may no longer be available - check the iPlayer site.
WARNING: If you are outside the UK, check with the provider to find out if your VPN/VPS/Smart DNS/web proxy has been blocked.

ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): https://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselecto...f?cb=76826
ERROR: Response: 403 Forbidden
WARNING: No media streams found for requested programme versions and recording modes.
WARNING: If you are outside the UK, check with the provider to find out if your VPN/VPS/Smart DNS/web proxy has been blocked.

I was unsure what the problem was. So I attempted to download the individual episode (38/112; https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05zktnf) itself, but generated the same error, below:

get_iplayer Output:

get_iplayer --pid=b0b85mlf
get_iplayer 3.16.0-MSWin32, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

Episodes:
Law in Action - Courts on Trial, BBC Radio 4, b05zktnf
INFO: 1 total programmes

This is odd considering that I am able to stream the episode with my web browser (Chrome). I live in the UK and do not use a VPN.

Does anybody know the source of the error? Are episodes over a certain age unable to work with get_iplayer?

Much thanks in advance!

Budget Hunk

user-2

As is made clear in the docs, get_iplayer only supports programmes broadcast in the past 30 days. It often works with older programmes, but not always. Try youtube-dl for those.

user-2198

Okay much thanks Dinky :)

For future readers, the GitHub wiki states that:

NOTE: get_iplayer does not support downloading news/sport videos, other embedded media, archive sites, special collections, educational material, programme clips or any content other than whole episodes of programmes broadcast on BBC linear services within the previous 30 days, plus episodes of BBC Three programmes posted within the same period. It may be possible to download other content such as iPlayer box sets directly via PID or URL (see below), but such use is not supported.

This is probably the source of the error.

Budget_Hunk

user-2

At least some of these ancient radio programmes are once again available in v3.17

These forums are archived

See this post for further info