These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

--history --before=720 doesn't list purgeable files (requires search term)

user-926

I have changed the default folder where files get saved from my desktop\iplayer recordings to D:\Getiplayer. I have done this using the field in the recordings option of the web pvr manager.

Back in the desktop/iplayer recordings folder was one file which has been there for ages. Whenever I recorded something I always got the warning messages as below:

WARNING: You have programmes over 30 days old that should be deleted.
WARNING: Find them with 'get_iplayer --history --before=720'
WARNING: or use the 'Recordings' tab in the Web PVR Manager.
WARNING: Use 'get_iplayer --purge-files' to delete all programmes over 30 days old.
WARNING: Use 'get_iplayer --prefs-add --no-purge' to suppress this warning.

When I tried to use the find command, it came back with no files over 720 hours old.

When I deleted the old file in the original directory, the warning messages went away.

So, it seems there is something in the warning check that is still looking into the original folder to find olde files. but the --history command is looking in the correct place.

As I said in the title, nothing to worry about, but if you have time, maybe it could be tidyied up.

cheers

Alan

user-2

(07-07-2018, 09:06 AM)When I tried to use the find command, it came back with no files over 720 hours old.
Warning message is obsolete. Like normal searches, you have to provide a search term:
Code:
get_iplayer --history --before=720 ".*"
(07-07-2018, 09:06 AM)When I deleted the old file in the original directory, the warning messages went away.
Output directory setting is irrelevant. get_iplayer looks for old files wherever you originally downloaded them.

user-926

Ah, I see.

Thanks

Alan

user-2

warning message fixed in v3.17

These forums are archived

See this post for further info