These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

BBC iPlayer issues 19-21 July 2014

user-30

BBC iPlayer, and the wider BBC online presence, is experiencing technical issues that are preventing users accessing content.
If BBC iPlayer is down get_iplayer cannot download programmes
Please visit the BBC iPlayer twitter feed for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/bbciplayer

Quote:We're hoping to get @BBCiPlayer @BBCiPlayerRadio & @bbccouk up and running for all of you soon. We apologise for the inconvenience. #iPlayer
— BBC (@AboutTheBBC) July 20, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

user-547

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>BBC iPlayer, and the wider BBC online presence, is experiencing technical issues that are preventing users accessing content.

<</a>

</script>

BBC Iplayer is now working but get_iplayer still not working
Any news?

user-30

Where are you getting your information? The twitter feed I linked above said no such thing and their latest update as at 2045 is that there are still issues:

Quote:Some users are still unable to access @BBC #iPlayer on web or app. We're working to get this fixed ASAP. We're sorry for any inconvenience.
— BBC iPlayer (@BBCiPlayer) July 20, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Remember, just because the site is working for you doesn't mean things are fully fixed as get_iplayer looks for a number of other feeds to populate its programme list and those need to be working.

Given that the front facing 'consumer' side of BBC iPlayer is probably top of their fix list and even that isn't working for a large number of users it may be some time until those other feeds get_iplayer needs are up and running correctly.

user-2

At time of posting, programme listings appear to have been restored. However, some individual episodes may still be unavailable for download.

user-2

At time of this post, BBC is broken again. Caches are not fully populating. Better luck tomorrow, hopefully.

user-103

As at Tue 2014-07-22 08:05 UTC, get_iPlayer is working for radio feeds at least, I don't do TV.

Thanks, once again, for this wonderful piece of software, keeping the light shining for those of us in the dark.

Cheers,

Dave

user-550

Not sure what the connection is, but I am now having a problem with downloading very large files - I missed the golf on Sunday. They always seem to stop at 4,189,xxxkb. I have tried using --force but no luck so far.

Any Ideas?

user-2

Quote:Quote:Not sure what the connection is, but I am now having a problem with downloading very large files – I missed the golf on Sunday. They always seem to stop at 4,189,xxxkb. I have tried using –force but no luck so far.

That is a completely unrelated issue that has been covered several times before. See:

/topic...#post-2204

user-550

Quote:That is a completely unrelated issue that has been covered several times before. See:

/topic...#post-2204

Thanks for the reply DP

Not sur that I saw a solution there or in the links, just more discussion.

There was a link to a 'hacked'rtmpdump-4GB.exe file, Is this a replacement for the current version, when renamed? I saw now description of its use.

I currently use a command line like "get_iplayer --get --tvmode=best --file-prefix="<nameshort><-senum><-episodeshort>" --output "M:\iPlayer Recordings" --thumb --metadata=xbmc " when downloading, which seems fine - mostly. I was thinking that I could just request the lower quality, but that defeats the purpose.

Sorry if I am being dense here, but... I suppose I can be at times.

Neil

user-2

You didn't see a solution because there isn't one. rtmpdump works the way it was designed. You can try the hacked rtmpdump, but don't replace the normal version. Use the
Code:
--rtmpdump
option instead.

user-561

Hi all.

Are there still problems with iPlayer as my version of get_iplayer (2.86) can't seem to find any radio programmes anymore. It'll still find TV ones, but nothing with the 'radio' prefix.

SheepDip

user-561

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>Hi all.

Are there still problems with iPlayer as my version of get_iplayer (2.86) can’t seem to find any radio programmes anymore. It’ll still find TV ones, but nothing with the ‘radio’ prefix.

SheepDip

Whoops - appears to be radio 4 extra only. Tried a search using get_iplayer --type=radio "" and it found a lot! But nothing on 4e.

user-561

Quote:<div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title">Quote:</div>
<blockquote><div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Quote:</div>Hi all.

Are there still problems with iPlayer as my version of get_iplayer (2.86) can’t seem to find any radio programmes anymore. It’ll still find TV ones, but nothing with the ‘radio’ prefix.

SheepDip
Whoops – appears to be radio 4 extra only. Tried a search using get_iplayer –type=radio “” and it found a lot! But nothing on 4e.
</blockquote>

Sorry - ignore me. It appears to be selected programmes only. Can't access, Hancock's Half Hour, Falco, etc, etc, but can access some others. Apologies for confusion. Any advice would still be helpful though. :)

user-2

It's possible that the feeds get_iplayer relies upon are missing some or all radio programmes with the recently-implemented extended (>7 days) availability. If you can find a couple of programmes broadcast within the last 7 days that are not found in a get_iplayer search, post the specific episode information.

BUT - do not post it in a reply on this thread. Do everyone a favour and start a new topic. Whatever problem you encountered, it has nothing to do with events a month ago. I'm closing this thread to avoid any more hijacking.

user-2

The converse also pertains: If you can find programmes broadcast more than 7 days ago that are found in a get_iplayer search, post a couple of examples.

I haven't done any detailed checks, but it looks like more than a possibility that extended availability hasn't filtered through to the feeds used by get_iplayer. If a programme isn't found in a get_iplayer search - but is available on the iPlayer Radio site - just download with the URL or the PID.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info