These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Option to remux 50fps to 25fps after download

user-763

As the hlshd mode is no longer available for download for most programmes I would like to request an option be included in get_iplayer to remux 50fps files to 25fps.
Failing that could someone post detailed step by step instructions on how to remux files downloaded using the  --raw option to 25fps and then add the the metatdata.
Thanks.

user-2

A definite no from me, and I won't accept pull requests for this. This is a red line for me, I'm afraid. Too many variables and too much trouble to support, for too little benefit. You can already do whatever you like with --command. And you're not obligated to use --raw. For example, ffmpeg can copy metadata when re-encoding from MP4 to MP4, and ffmpeg 4.0+ can even copy the thumbnail, so you may decide that extra post-processing by get_iplayer is worth it. Only you can decide on such trade-offs, and only you can decide how you want to re-encode files.

I've copied this thread to off-topic forums if anyone else wants to reply to your request for instructions. Any further comments should go there. This thread is closed.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info