These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Unable to record radio and audiodescribed TV

user-544

Hi, I've been using get_iplayer for some time without any difficulties. Since yesterday I've been unable to record either radio programs or audio described TV programs. I'm using the following strings:
get_iplayer --type=radio --get "drama on 3" --aactomp3
get_iplayer --type=radio --get "afternoon drama" --aactomp3
get_iplayer --get "celebrity masterchef" --versions=audiodescribed
get_iplayer --get "a history of Britain" --versions=audiodescribed
On all of those examples get_iplayer reports that 0 programs are available. I have however, been able to record a non-audiodescribed program eastenders.
Does anyone know what is happening? I've tried on 2 different computers running 2 different versions of get_iplayer and have the same result. I'm presuming there is a problem with the BBC?
Many thanks. The program is excellent and really easy to use with speech software.

user-30

ALWAYS check the BBC iPlayer site and their social media feeds if you have a sudden problem. If iPlayer isn't working, get_iplayer can't possibly work.

There are known issues:

Quote:We're sorry @BBCiPlayer & @bbccouk are not working for all users. We are working hard to fix the problem. Please bear with us.
— BBC iPlayer (@BBCiPlayer) July 20, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

user-544

Thanks, I didn't even think of checking the Iplayer sight, or searching for potential problems. Will do that in the future. Cheers

These forums are archived

See this post for further info