These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Add programme credits to metadata file

user-2133

The metadata download is a great jump start for creating Plex .nfo files.

However, not all the episode data is included, and I currently add it manually, copying from the iplayer website, and pasting to .nfo files.

It would be great if the download also included:

1. <director> (=Plex 'Directors')

2. <credits>  (=Plex 'Writers')

3. <actor>    (=Plex 'Cast')

user-2

Sorry, but it's a no from me. I've considered it before, but I'm not willing to support what you are looking for. I would entertain a pull request for a feature that worked like track lists (plain text with an option to add to metadata tag), but that's it. Besides, for your purposes get_iplayer would only get in the way. Just download the credits directly (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/<pid>/credits.inc for TV programmes, not available for many radio programmes) and parse them together with the existing get_iplayer metadata file to produce a .nfo file.

user-586

Actually your also get a text-only basic credit list for Radio drama using
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/<pid>/credits.inc

thanks for the tip user-2!

user-2

Sorry - I should have said "not available for many radio programmes". For most radio programmes you probably wouldn't care, but there is a bunch of 4 Extra programmes without credits that would be nice to have. Credits for some of those older programmes can be found on the BBC Genome site, though.

user-2133

Thanks for that URL Dinky, I wasn't aware of it.

The tracklist type option sounds good.

I'm a noobie; I only learned about the existence of XLS this week, and had fun and games struggling to work out how to install xlstproc.

Now I need to go away and learn how to parse!

user-2

Standalone programme credits download implemented in v3.14

user-2133

Super duper!
That was quick - many thanks

These forums are archived

See this post for further info