These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can't find Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone 25/03/18 (b09wwvhk)

user-2114

I'm trying to download some BBC 6 Music radio programmes, but while they're still available on iPlayer, I can't find them with the Web PVR or CLI.

For instance, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09wwvhk isn't found with a PID search and nor does that programme appear in the full Web PVR programme list for 6 Music. I've refreshed and rebuilt the cache, with no success.

I've recently resolved the XML issue, but I wonder if something is still broken somewhere?

v3.13, macOS 10.13.3, PERL v5.18.2

get_iplayer Output:

get_iplayer –pid b09vld09
get_iplayer v3.13, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: 0 matching programmes

user-1496

First of all, what's pid b09vld09 got to do with the price of fish? The pid you originally quoted was b09wwvhk and if you replace your "-pid" with "--pid" you might have more success! ;-)

get_iplayer --pid b09wwvhk
works beautifully here.

user-2

Even worse, the "-" in "-pid" is not a hyphen. Somehow you put an en-dash there, which is invalid as part of an option name, so two of them won't help, either. Read the documentation for examples, and be more careful with your typing.

user-2114

Ah, good catch... That's my auto-correct app helpfully replacing "--" with an n-dash ("–") in Terminal... ?

So this works from Terminal when I used the correct syntax, but there's still nothing found in Web PVR.

user-2

Then you didn't fully rebuild your cache.

user-2114

Hm, seems that's the case.

"get_iplayer --refresh --type=radio" followed by "get_iplayer --cache-rebuild --type=radio" has done the trick, but a rebuild alone (which I tried first) gave the error "WARNING: Failed to download programme schedule http://www.bbc.co.uk...".

These forums are archived

See this post for further info