These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Unable to download HD quality

user-2106

Hello,

I have get_iplayer installed on Windows 10. I use it to download shows for my kids, who are far less patient with buffering than we are. I've been using it successfully to download various shows for several months, which is great - we've been using iPlayer for years without realising there was any way to download shows (other than the iPlayer app). What is really frustrating though is that no matter what I do, I cannot get anything to download in anything but extremely low quality. For example, one particular children's show that went up last week is around 1GB in HD quality using the official iPlayer app, but the version I can download using get_iplayer is just 196MB. I've read over the documentation at least 20 times, I've tried using the Web PVR Manager and bashed away at the command line - nothing I do can force these downloads to improve in quality, it's always the same file. But each show is definitely available in HD if we view it on iPlayer (when our connection is stable) or we download the HD version using the official iPlayer app.

For the sake of completeness, here's one of the commands I just ran which successfully downloaded the lowest quality version available:

get_iplayer Output:

get_iplayer --pid=b09ww5pf

I've also tried

get_iplayer Output:

get_iplayer --pid=b09ww5pf --force
, particularly when I need to overwrite the cache from previous attempts.

So what could be causing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Trevor

user-2

You appear to be using get_iplayer outside the UK. Thread closed - see forum rules.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info