These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Raspberry Pi not upgrading to 3.13

user-1924

Hello
I tried upgrading to 3.13 to solve the new format issue but it seems that there is not a new version for the Pi (Yet maybe)

I tried a general;
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
I didn't spot any specific messages with all the other stuff that updated, but after a reboot it was still 3.12 showing in the WebUI

and then
Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
That I was recommended when I had a previous issue (https://forums.squarepenguin.co.uk/thread-1501.html?), that says .
Code:
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

And even the install/upgrade using the wget line from that old therad and that says;
Code:
get-iplayer is already the newest version (3.12-ppa31d~stable).

It it just a case of being patient and waiting for the Raspbian Stretch build to be updated?

Thanks for all the good work

user-1924

Done some more reading round the forum and it looks like the patience is the key, my apologies for not noticing that the main maintainer, user-2, and the maintainer of the Pi builds, jonhedgerows, are two different people.

user-1021

My pi should have built gip automatically last night, but it appears not. I’ll check when I get home. Should be an update for everyone by tonight.

Jon

user-1924

Thanks
I was just looking at the changed files at github to see if I dare manually try dropping in the new pearl files... (best not, but it's another bit of linux learning :-)

user-1021

you should be able to update raspberry pis now.

it seems that the autobuild was running at 4:54pm daily... quite what was going through my head when I picked that time I have no idea... must be getting old.

Cheers
Jon

user-1924

Brilliant - Thanks Jon, Upgraded and it is catching up

I'm not sure why I didn't have something better to be doing on a Sunday afternoon ;-)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info