These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

How do I specify command arguments?

user-2021

Deepest apologies for asking a simple questions, but I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

This bit of software I have just found is really clever and just what I need, but I must define the recording directoy to permit enough space.

I have found that I need to insert -o <D:/> to set it to this storage area but how? Where do I put this command? I am using Windows 10 and am experienced with computers but not the command aspect.

Any guidancewill be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

user-30

This is covered in the guides. Big link up top.

https://www.squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/t...programmes

There are multiple examples in that guide of how to build up a command to make get_iplayer to do various things. I would suggest reading the whole thing.

user-2021

Thank for such a quick response. The guide provides the relevant inputs but where do I effect those changes? It the the exact process and location that I cannot find.

Many thanks

Stephen

user-30

I think this is something lots of people run into when using the command line. They assume there's something more complex to the process, but it's quite literally just typing in the command all in one go and hitting enter.

That's honestly it.

I'm routinely surprised that more folks don't just simply try it and see what happens, but the failing isn't yours, it's on us with more experience/knowledge in this area to communicate better how simple the command line is. It's quite literally just typing in text and executing it.

As the guide describes, you can build up the command you want with all the things you want to tell get_iplayer to do. Then you just type it in in one go and hit enter. No tricks, that's it.

If you want to save preferences, the guide tells you how, again by simply typing in the relevant command that tells get_iplayer to save a preference, and then hitting enter to execute that 'remember this' command.

Hope that helps...

These forums are archived

See this post for further info