These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Anti-virus prevented get_iplayer installation

user-1995

Hi everyone.

So, I've uninstalled version 2.96 and downloaded version 3.06.0. However, the new version won't install on my computer for some reason.

The box at the end of the installation process tells me that it's installed but there is no sign of it on my PC. I've tried a straight install and also used the 'run as administrator' option but to no avail. I'm on Windows 10, 64 bit if that's relevant.

Thanks in advance for any help.

user-1651

Did you alter its install path during install ?
If not you should find it @ C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer

p.s. i never uninstall , i always just install over old version , i may end up with redundant files , but it keeps working.

user-1995

(16-11-2017, 04:17 PM)Did you alter its install path during install ?
If not you should find it @ C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer

p.s.  i never uninstall , i always just install over old version , i may end up with redundant files , but it keeps working.

Hi. That folder is missing from Program Files. I have added the folder manually, however. Also, the installer doesn't give me the option to change the file path.

I've included screenshots of the the two setup screens before the files start to install.

user-1651

(16-11-2017, 08:10 PM)Hi. That folder is missing from Program Files. I have added the folder manually, however. Also, the installer

make sure you are looking in "program files (x86)" as get_iplayer is a 32 bit program and doesn't install in "program files"

user-1995

There is definitely no folder in that path. I have no idea what's going on.

user-30

Do you run anti-virus software?

Sometimes it interferes with the installation of new software (and not just get_iplayer).

In the depths of the forum somewhere there is another thread with similar symptoms which turned out to be the anti-virus software blocking the install.

So if you do have an AV programme running, disable it and try again.

user-1995

Thank you so much for your help.

Disabled everything and it's now working perfectly.

Thank you again.

user-30

Just don't forget to re-enable it once the install is done! :-)

These forums are archived

See this post for further info