These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

help with batch file

user-1587

i wish to download radio programs to their respective folder.
i.e. The Infinite Monkey Cage or News Quiz Extra or Sounds Of The 80s or The Museum of Curiosity

I do have 4 batch files which download the individual programs correctly.

What i am trying to do is use 1 batch for everything. This is what i have:

C:

cd "\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\"

get_iplayer --refresh

get_iplayer -g "The Infinite Monkey Cage" --type=radio --output "E:\Radio\Comedy\The Infinite Monkey Cage"

get_iplayer -g "News Quiz Extra" --type=radio --output "E:\MP3 Media Player\News Quiz Extra"

get_iplayer -g "Sounds of the 80s" --type=radio --output "E:\MP3 Media Player\Sounds Of The 80s"

get_iplayer -g "The Museum of Curiosity" --type=radio --output "E:\Radio\Comedy\The Museum of Curiosity"

pause

This batch file does download everything but places everything in the - The Museum Of Curiosity folder.
Hopefully someone can help me with a single batch file which places them in the correct folder.

Thank you

user-30

Maybe give get_iplayer's PVR functionality a try:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/guides/get_i...pvr-guide/

user-1651

(14-11-2017, 10:04 PM)i wish to download radio programs to their respective folder.
i.e. The Infinite Monkey Cage or News Quiz Extra or Sounds Of The 80s or The Museum of Curiosity

C:

get_iplayer --refresh

get_iplayer -g "The Infinite Monkey Cage" --type=radio --output "E:\Radio\Comedy\The Infinite Monkey Cage"

get_iplayer -g "News Quiz Extra" --type=radio --output "E:\MP3 Media Player\News Quiz Extra"

get_iplayer -g "Sounds of the 80s" --type=radio --output "E:\MP3 Media Player\Sounds Of The 80s"

get_iplayer -g "The Museum of Curiosity" --type=radio --output "E:\Radio\Comedy\The Museum of Curiosity"

pause

This batch file does download everything but places everything in the - The Museum Of Curiosity folder.
Hopefully someone can help me with a single batch file which places them in the correct folder.

Thank you

Why not create a master batch file and then call each of them from within that

The contents of my old one was

echo radio shows

call d:\get_iplayer\radio.bat

echo tv shows

call d:\get_iplayer\tv.bat

you just substitute the single series batch files.

user-1587

(15-11-2017, 11:34 AM)Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-11-2017, 10:04 PM)i wish to download radio programs to their respective folder.

C:

get_iplayer --refresh

pause

Thank you

Why not create a master batch file and then call each of them from within that

The contents of my old one was

echo radio shows

call d:\get_iplayer\radio.bat

echo tv shows

call d:\get_iplayer\tv.bat

you just substitute the single series batch files.

thank you i'll give that a try

These forums are archived

See this post for further info