These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

ERROR: Failed to record

user-520

Hi Guys -

Really love get-iplayer & the Web PVR manager - but at the moment have an issue -

The last few days I've been getting problems downloading anything from the bbc iplayer website. I'm in Taiwan, but using unblock.us, I can stream with no problems from the iPlayer website (well, I say no problems - it buffers a lot, hence why I prefer downloading)

But now I can't download anything, either using the Web PVR manager (see output below) or from the command line.

get-iplayer reports the program is 'complete', but it is not.

It momentarily creates a temporary file as per usual in my download folder, which then immediately disappears.

(This happens within 30 seconds, so obviously it is not recording the program I guess)

Same result with whatever program I try to download at the moment.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit, and get-iplayer/web pvr V 2.86

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys ;-)

This is the output in the Web PVR window::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Recording The Following Programmes

get_iplayer Output:

Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights (b044z2mr)

INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
407: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights, BBC Sport, Formula One,Motorsport,Sport,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

INFO: File name prefix = Formula_1_-_2014_The_Monaco_Grand_Prix_-_Highlights_b044z2mr_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file R:\Users\darren\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Formula_1_-_2014_The_Monaco_Grand_Prix_-_Highlights_b044z2mr_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

INFO: File name prefix = Formula_1_-_2014_The_Monaco_Grand_Prix_-_Highlights_b044z2mr_default
RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
WARNING: Failed to stream file R:\Users\darren\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Formula_1_-_2014_The_Monaco_Grand_Prix_-_Highlights_b044z2mr_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashvhigh2 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashhigh2 mode
INFO: Trying flashstd1 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashstd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashstd2 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashstd2 mode
INFO: Trying flashlow1 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashlow1 mode
INFO: Trying flashlow2 mode to record tv: Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights

RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: skipping flashlow2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Formula 1 - 2014: The Monaco Grand Prix - Highlights (b044z2mr)'
Recording complete

get_iplayer Web PVR Manager v2.86, ©2009-2010 Phil Lewis - Licensed under GPLv3

user-520

(*edit - I should say I was having the same issue with - I think, V 2.64? before upgrading to 2.86 this week because of the issue, but upgrading to 2.86 didn't help)

user-2

Do a bit of searching and save yourself some typing. Duplicate of:

/topic...rogrammes/

user-520

Thanks Dinky -

Oh well, get-iplayer was working nicely up until last week for sure with unblock.us - and I guess something has changed somewhere.

Thanks to all the guys who've put work in to get-iplayer over the years - it was great while it lasted.

Back to figuring out a way to get BBC TV in Taiwan again ;-)

Darren

user-2

All the reports to date appear to come from Unblock-us users, so it's possible that they have screwed something up. Until someone tests using a different service and posts a log of the result, there is no way to know. Given the lack of squawks about this, Unblock-us as culprit remains a distinct possibility.

user-2

One data point pointing the finger at Unblock-us:

/topic...#post-2183

user-520

Thanks user-2 - I'll see about an alternative to unblock-us - I'll try to remember to post back here with results.

user-520

Hi Dinky -

Just tested downloading from the BBC website on Windows 7 - that works fine.
iOS app downloads fine on iPad too.

So having a look at the other post you linked - I'm wondering - as both of these work okay with unblock-us, is there anything I can pass to unblock-us support about the 'rtmp geo-blocking' issue?

Maybe some details that would allow rtmp to route through unblock-us (or something - I'm stabbing in the dark here ;-)

Thanks,
Darren

user-2

Access via the web site or the apps does not mean get_iplayer will work, regardless of your VPN arrangements. get_iplayer works differently. As for the rest, you're on your own. We don't give information on how to evade geo-blocking.

In response to the recent spate of failures, Unblock-us have made it clear they don't support get_iplayer:

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/p...-?b_id=530

Given that, your choice seems clear.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info