See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Mojo::Reactor:Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file...does not exist

user-1952

Trying to refresh my cache tonight and Im getting this

get_iplayer --refresh
get_iplayer 3.05-homebrew, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Indexing tv programmes (concurrent)
.....Mojo::Reactor::Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file SCALAR(0x7f8a54001178) does not exist at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1642.
Mojo::Reactor::Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file SCALAR(0x7f8a54001178) does not exist at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1642.
Mojo::Reactor::Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file SCALAR(0x7f8a54001178) does not exist at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1642.

Happening on 2 different Macs, running 10.12.6 and 10.13.

Any Ideas ?

user-2

On 10.12 at least, this is a problem between Mojolicious and the version of IO::Socket::SSL in macOS system Perl. I don't know what system Perl ships with 10.13. Since you got get_iplayer from Homebrew, report this problem to them. How they fix it is up to them. If you do a manual installation, you will have a local library in ~/perl5, as described in the install docs. Use it to install the latest versions of Mojolicious and IO::Socket::SSL, which seem to play well together.

user-1735

(25-10-2017, 11:43 PM)Mojo::Reactor::Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file SCALAR(0x7f8a54001178) does not exist at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1642.

Happening on 2 different Macs, running 10.12.6 and 10.13.

Any Ideas ?

@lotusshaney: Same here (on 10.13) where all was working fine up until a point in time during yesterday. Hadn't done any explicit macOS update or brew update prior to the point in time when this issue began, so was a bit mystified how it could be working fine at one point and then broken shortly later - but perhaps homebrew can implement "in flight" changes to whatever component(s) have caused this issue(?) For the record, updating homebrew via "brew update" and upgrading to get_iplayer_3.06 via "brew upgrade get_iplayer" makes no difference. However recording via URL still works, so that's a temporary workaround.

user-1699

I see exactly the same as @speedywrite and @lotushaney on my El Capitan 10.11, though I have yet to try the upgrade to GIP 3.06.

Might the issue be in the CA certificate chains? If this is only affecting Mac users perhaps it is caused by the authorities Apple trust. As the others have observed there have been no recent software updates.

user-2

BBC schedule pages are now being redirected to HTTPS URLs. Systems with obsolete Perl modules, like macOS, could have problems with that. In particular, it looks like some versions of IO::Socket::SSL cause problems for Mojolicious. Set up a local library for Perl modules (described in the get_iplayer install docs) and install the latest versions of Mojolicious and IO::Socket::SSL to override the obsolete system packages. See my reply to OP. Updating to 3.06 will not help. v3.06 addressed a completely different problem described here:

/thread-1546.html

More to the point, Homebrew has released 3.06 without addressing the issue discussed in this thread.

I'm closing this thread. This is a Homebrew issue, so take it to their forum. As we make clear in the forum rules, Homebrew is not supported here.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info